1.8

I purchased 2 combination storm and retractable screen doors from Lowe's a few years ago and had them professionally installed through Lowe's. Neither one of them is working correctly now!

They do not close tight and leave a 2 in. wide open space between the door and the frame. We installed a new spring and tried making several other adjustments but nothing has worked and bugs are now coming through the door opening.

I am ready to tell Lowe's to get them OUT OF MY HOUSE. The customer service chat line takes forever and you are in a queue with at least 5 or 6 other clients at the same time so their response time is awful.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Quality of the doors.

Comments

LarsonDoorsCares
Larson Doors Verified Representative

Hi there - I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We like to document situations like this to ensure it gets corrected and resolved.

I'd like to have a member of my team look into this further so we can help troubleshoot. Please contact us at https://stormdoorsupport.setmore.com/

h.kitchener

If the door fit nicely when originally installed but now show gaps, etc. it means your home/door frame has shifted, thus making the door, which is attached to the frame move with the frame's movement.

This is caused by the foundation, outside home or something else moving, thus throwing the door out of alignment. Don't blame the door. You might want to do some investigating and see what's going on with your foundation or parts of your home's structure. Humidity, water, among other things can cause parts of the home to shift.

For example, if you have a basement, look for water seepage or cracks in a poured wall basement. Larson can do nothing about any home problem like this.