1.3

We bought Larson doors for our home from our local door reseller. Just after a year, the bottom of the door was swelling from moisture (I assume).

I contacted the dealer, they came out and took pictures. Then we waited for weeks, no one contacted us. I called the dealer again and he had to make a second trip out because Larson wanted more pictures. It took 6 weeks, but we finally got the core replacement.

The old door had to be taken apart and all but the old core was moved to the new one. We could see that it was water that had gotten into the core, so when we installed the 'U' shaped piece (I think it's called a sweep) we sealed it in place so no moisture could get between it and the door. Within months, the door was doing the exact same thing, it must be that the moisture is coming down from the window frame.

The door looks horrible. I need to replace it.

I'm not sure which brand to replace it with.

I always thought Larson made a good door. Guess I was wrong.

Review about: Larson Doors Door.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Two identical doors both failed with the same problem.

Comments

h.kitchener

$3400 for a door is rather ostentatious, is it not? Just wander down to any big bog store that sells doors and pick a new one from a different manufacturer and ensure you spend waaaaay less this time. After all, it is but a door.