Went to go out the door and its locked. No I did not Lock it.

could not get out the door no matter what I did. Could see the clasp was not straight so I got my big screw driver and pried it still could not get out. Tried this for about 10 minutes. Went out my front door and around to back door and tried about 5 more minutes and it finely opened.

Took apart to get a better look and the internal locking mechanizem fell inside door to bottom. Called Larson they said door is 5 years old and internal locking stuff is only covered for one year. Funny thing Larson knows this. They give you a door that is 5, 10, and life time warranties, but don't stand by them.

My door looked and worked fine until I had to pry the door open with a screw driver and damaged the door frame.

Oh did I tell you that I have one on my front door also! MAD AS ***

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

LarsonDoorsCares
Larson Doors Verified Representative

I am sorry to learn of your experience. If you would like to discuss replacement handle options with us, please contact us at 888-483-3768.

to LarsonDoorsCares #1580850

No I would like my door and door frame replaced. Your door handle failed with the door closed.

Meaning the door has to be pryed open damaging the door and it's frame. 1 year warranty on door inside mechanizem so if this fails with the door closed it voids all warranty's 5, 10, or lifetime. Now here's the problem.

If this door failed during a fire in my home and or death accured I would have a law suit filed. No door replaced I will talk with the states AG.

LarsonDoorsCares
Larson Doors Verified Representative

Hi there - I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We like to document situations like this to ensure it gets corrected and resolved.

I'd like to have a member of my team look into this. Please contact us at https://stormdoorsupport.setmore.com/ and we'd be happy to look into this further.